Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

So although I didn't get the day off from work, I did my best to celebrate Independence Day here in Sydney.  On Saturday, my American friend Susie held a 4th of July on the 2nd Lawn Bowling Event.  I admit, lawn bowls aren't exactly American, but it was fun nonetheless.



It was "Team America, fuck yea," against the United Nations team which included Australians, a Kiwi, a Brit and a Mexican. Unfortunately our team lost, bad showing America!


Lawns bowls were followed by some pub crawling and drinks...Both traditional American and Aussie.

The next day, I ventured out the Hart's Pub at the Rocks as they were having a little 4th Celebration.


So I was able to get my chili cheese fries on! So good, but pretty darn small for $8, don't ya reckon?

It's ain't Chanos or the Hat, but it was pretty darn tasty.  

We also had some red, white and blueberry ale, ordered some buffalo wings and a hot dog and some good old fashion Apple Pie!


  Here's Mark getting Patriotic.

The next day, on the actual 4th, I had to go to work. But me and my coworker went to Tony Roma's for dessert and I got some Apple Pie.


That night, me and the roomies had our own little Independence Day Celebration which included chips and guac, hamburgers, hotdogs, coleslaw, potato salad and YES, some Miller Genuine Draft Beer.  I gotta say, it was delicious!  Our dinner was accompanied by a 4th of July mix created by yours truly which included American/Cali/LA/Summer songs.




We finished the night with some A&W rootbeer floats, which rocked!  Overall a great 4th minus the fireworks and day off from work.



No comments:

Post a Comment