Thursday, August 4, 2011

3 Months!

Wow, I can't believe I've been living in Sydney for 3 months now!  It feels like just yesterday I was getting off the plane at Sydney airport.  Sorry I haven't blogged, guess there wasn't too much happening here, although there were many exciting things happening back home.  First shout out goes to Gina and Matt who got married on July 1st! Very sad to have missed the event, but super happy for the awesome couple.


Another huge event back home was the birth of Giana H. Chigogidze, 7.9 pounds and 20 inches. Still can't believe my cousin Amy's a mommy!! Congrats to the lovely parents - Amy & Giorgi. I can't wait to meet little Gia when I come home for Christmas!!





This little bundle of joy was born on July 18th, so we share the same birthday! Yay!  Speaking of birthdays, I spent my first one here in Sydney.  Luckily I have awesome family and friends here that helped me to celebrate and made my birthday special.

I met up with Melissa for lunch and got to meet little cutie pie Mika.  It's been really great to reconnect with Melissa, who before I moved here, I hadn't seen for like 7 years.



The next day, Jenny, Adam and Heather took me out to "Yum Cha" and then we went over to Lee's house and had a nice birthday cake!


The next day, on my actual birthday, I went to work and had a nice birthday lunch with my coworkers.  After work, my awesome roomies Kel and Vanessa took me out for some yummy ribs and mojitos!

The ribs were delicious and the portions were up to my American standards! 

Mojitos were also very delicious!

The next weekend, we had a gathering at Jenny's house to celebrate all the July birthdays.  Didn't realize how many birthdays there were in July - Adam, the twins - Kaitlyn and Sarah Jane, Jamie and Diane.  

Jenny got this AWESOME pecan tiramisu cake that was just delicious. Every bite was a little bit of heaven!


I also got some special goodies from my awesome big sis Candace. For the second time, Candace sent over some boxes with things I needed - clothes, movies and stuff from home that you can't get here, etc.   Some of these things included a box of my favorite gummy bears - Heidi, some Lucky Charms, graham crackers (to make s'mores) and some twinkies.  Thanks so much sis, you are the bet!!

So overall a very good birthday, despite the cold and rainy week.  Still not used to this opposite season and being cold on my birthday - much rather prefer being on a sunny beach but I can't complain.  The good news is the weather has started to improve and we've had a week of 70 degree weather.  Here's a picture from the Pyrmont Bridge on my walk home.


I still can't believe I am actually here sometimes.  Of course, I miss everyone and am sad to have missed out on so many great events, but I am really happy to be living and working in Sydney.  Hopefully I will have my fun adventures to share with you soon!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment