So I've been abroad three times during Thanksgiving, the first time was in Dublin where I hosted two dinners, and the last two years here in Sydney. Hosted dinner last year so I just had to do it again. I worked from home that day so I could start cooking. Reserved a Turkey from the Butcher, which is what I learned I had to do last year. The normal stores will look at you funny when asking for a Turkey before Xmas.
Here's my 5KG (11 lbs) Turkey that I got for the bargain price of $50! Haha only in Sydney. Spent all day cooking my bird, my famous pumpkin mac and cheese, some stuffing and made pumpkin pie for the first time.
The bird turned out pretty good - basted it in Strongbow Cider and it was nice and juicy!
It was a small but nice group for Thanksgiving.
The "Americans"
Everyone brought a yummy side - potatoes - sweet, baked, mashed, veggies, and a ton of alcohol. We all went around and said what we were thankful for. I was really grateful to have made such great friends who I can share this special day with and not feel as homesick.
Here's a picture of the aftermath. Overall a great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment