Thursday, April 26, 2012

Champagne Breakfast & The Races

My flatmate Susi and I hosted a champagne breakfast at our "Flat" because we are conveniently located across the road from the Randwick Royal Races.  My first time at the races was actually for Susi's birthday last year, and then we went again for St Patty's Day.

So Susi and I prepared a lovely array of food, including tomato and cheese croissants, scones with jam and cream, brownies and fruit.  All the food and the champagne was yummy.





We also made jello shots and vodka soaked gummi bears and worms, which got a bit dangerous. We basically were eating and drinking from 10:30 am and then headed to the races around 12:30PM.




It was a fun day out, the sun was shining and the champagne was flowing.  I lost my first race - $5, but wont it back in the next one, earning a whopping $1.80 in profits!

We stayed at the races for a few hours then headed back to our place for some food and more drinks. By that time I had had enough to drink and was ready to crash! That's what happens when you start drinking at 10 am!



No comments:

Post a Comment